Old Burial Ground
Fredericton, New Brunswick
The Old Burial Ground, centrally located in the Fredericton town plat, is situated between Brunswick and George Streets. This cemetery is bound by Barrack Lane on the east and Sunbury Street on the west.
The site of the Old Burial Ground, originally set aside as a public square or park, was needed for interment purposes. The first recorded burial took place in 1787, and limitations on further burials were imposed in 1886.
There are also memorials to British soldiers who served at the Garrison between 1784 and 1869.
Brian McConnell UE of Nova Scotia Branch prepared a video of the Old Burial Ground that includes the impressive monument erected there in 1983 by Fredericton Branch, UELAC:
Click here to view the video if the embed above doesn’t work.