St. Alban’s UEL Memorial Church Flagpole & Plaque
The brass donor plaque is located at the base of the flagpole donated by UELAC in 1997 to St. Alban the Martyr UEL Memorial Church. The church, also known as St Alban’s UEL Memorial Church is on the north side of the Loyalist Parkway (Old Highway # 33) east of the UEL Heritage Centre and Park in Adolphustown, Ontario.
The plaque reads as follows:
ST. ALBAN’S UEL MEMORIAL CHURCH
15 JUNE 1997
BERNICE WOOD FLETT
UNITED EMPIRE LOYALISTS’ ASSOCIATION OF CANADA
IN RESPECTFUL MEMORY OF THOSE LOYALISTS
WHO CAME TO ADOLPHUSTOWN
16 JUNE 1784
Following the 2009 UELAC Conference in Napanee and Adolphustown, a Loyalist rose bush was planted at the base of the flagpole in the presence of Past Presidents E. John Chard (1966 – 1968), Douglas W. Grant (2004- 2006) Peter W. Johnson (2006 – 2008) and President Frederick H. Hayward (2008-2011) to mark the 225th anniversary of the arrival of the Loyalists in Adolphustown.